Being a logophile, I love mantras and affirmations! Both are great tools for boosting self-esteem, encouraging you and the change you wish to achieve, as well as making you reflect, all of which lead to healthy minds and positive beings! I discovered mantras and affirmations while in recovery. At the time, I was this big ball of negativity. I was plagued by depression and worry. My self-esteem was rock bottom and I just couldn’t see a lot of good in my life. I remember learning about affirmations and how reading them or looking at one a day could change my perspective. Keeping a collection of affirmations at hand, I began to slowly but surely feel the hope and positivity seep back into my life. When I felt that things were getting tough, I would reference back to a mantra or affirmation. One of my favorite sayings that got me through a lot of pessimism was, “Every flower must grow through dirt”.
Not all mantras and affirmations I have used pertain to self-esteem. I find many different sayings and quotes for different areas of my life that I would like to improve upon. I read these and find the truth and beauty behind each quote. These words are motivation boosters for me and I would like to share some of these sayings with you! Below is a list of mantras and words of wisdom pertaining to different focuses.
- “A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at them.”
- “Giving up on your goal because of a setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat.”
- “Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.”
- “The secret to change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
- “In any given moment we have two options: step forward into growth or to step back into safety.”
- “Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.”
- “Don’t pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.”
- “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
- “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.”
- “Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our hearts rather than a piece of our mind.”
If you are interested in more mantras and affirmations, check out my Pinterest board, “Words of Wisdom”. https://www.pinterest.com/tortuga_de_lune/words-of-wisdom/. You can also check out other user’s boards or just type in “Affirmations” into a search bar. I will leave you with one more mantra from this word junkie:
Your life is your story. Write well. Edit often.